There’s not much to say about myself. I enjoy writing reviews, watching anime and singing. I accept that songhunter is a strange name, and consequently I use it only rarely.
Lately I seem to have been listening to more jPop than pure anime. Actually I seem to be watching less anime. I blame studying.
The cruelty of our education system is strong. Yes.
Then again, I am quite lazy.
Recommended artists, who are loved by me:
- Sakamoto Maaya; a well-known singer of anime songs. She has a clean clear voice and somehow sounds good always. Favourite songs of hers include: Tell me what the rain knows, Hemisphere, Tune the Rainbow, Kiseki no Umi, Yubiwa, and Saigo no Kajitsu. From her albums (ie not from anime): 30minutes night flight, Chibikko Folk and Fad. (I like a lot more of her songs though…it’s hard to choose.) In my opinion, best album: Shounen Alice. If you have Yuunagi Loop, PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE HER HARSHLY. Most of her songs are a lot better than that!
- ayaka; famous for her single Mikazuki. This song is beautiful but I like a lot more of her songs now. She’s so much more than just a ballad singer. Favourite songs: WINDING ROAD (with Kobukuro), Jewelry Day, Peace Loving People, For Today and Kimi no Kissu de. From her album, First Message: Kimi no Power to Otona no Furi, Eien no Monogatari, and Sha la la. Also, she is an AMAZING live singer.
- Tainaka Sachi; known for her Fate/Stay Night songs, disillusion and Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni (and Kimi to no Ashita). She’s also an amazing singer and has the highest range I’ve heard in a jpop singer. Lately her songs have become…strangely uninteresting, which is sad, because she has a really beautiful voice and a lot of skill. Favourite songs: Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni, Aitai yo, Ichiban Boshi, and Saikou no Kataomoi. I found her last single (Visit of Love) really disappointing. That being said, she’s still worth listening to, and I can only hope she produces some better stuff soon. Something other than boring pop or yet another ballad would be nice. Not that she’s not good at ballads, they’re just getting a bit tiring. I wish for a ROCKSONG! I think she would be really good at it.
- KOKIA; has a unique style and voice. I cannot say that I like her THAT much, but I like her songs. She has a pretty voice though sometimes it’s just a bit too weird for me. Favourite songs: Ai no Melody, Tatta Hitotsu no Omoi, I believe ~umi no soko kara~, The Power of Smile, and Yume ga Chikara. Thank you to Cerbi for introducing her to me😄 A person who visits this blog regularly, something which I never expected to happen❤
- Lia; the best of I’ve sound, in my opinion. She has a really lovely voice. If ayaka is the earthly and emotional, Lia is the otherworldly and perfect. I don’t know if she writes her songs though. even if she doesn’t, that’s okay. Favourite songs: Tori no Shi, Farewell Song and Doll. I don’t know that many of her songs, but the ones i know are lovely and she always sounds amazing❤ I really need some better adjectives.
There are more. Many more. However, I still dislike KOTOKO’s voice. Did anyone other than me think that BLAZE was an unpleasant and whiny song? It pains me to listen to it.